Ido Heruty – Co-Owner
I’m a professional licensed Israeli tour guide, fluent in English and Hebrew.
I enjoy traveling with nice people, families, guests of leading Israeli companies and establishments, and some carefully chosen tour-operators.
From early childhood I was hiking, traveling and sightseeing all around The Land of Israel, first with family, later with the “Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel” (SPNI) and then, exploring on my own (and all that even before graduating from high-school…)
During my military service in the Air Force Operations, I became a commander and gained a lot of experience in leading people…
Afterwards my passion for learning and exploring the nature and history of Israel drew me to Beit-Berl College, where I completed an intensive three-year academic program: Land of Israel Studies.
As a freelancer tour guide in Israel with a character of my own, I specialize in leading high quality trips, customized for small groups, all around Israel.
History, Nature, Bible, Politics, Traditions, Religions, Ways-of-Life, Zionism – you name it – there is so much to experience here… The love for people, nature and the outdoors – makes it a very special experience “to feel Israel” through my unique, passionate way…. my motto is : ” A tour guide needs to know how to go with the flow…”
Joel Berman – Founder
- I retired from various Israeli Defense Forces in 1995 after 28 years of service.
- My education includes university degrees in Social Sciences.
- I have finished the two-year Ministry of Tourism Tour-Guide Course and am a licensed guide.
- I have been guiding all over beautiful Israel for many years and have been to all the sights and sites.
- I am self-employed and connected to careful-chosen tour-operators.
- I particularly enjoy working with families.
- English is my mother-tongue and Hebrew is almost. (I came to Israel as a teenager.)
- I am married, a father of three and a grandfather.
All our tours are custom-made to fit our guests’ interests and of course their budget. We don’t sell ready-made packages. The itinerary is put together in full consultation with our guests, taking into consideration the type of party; children, religion, special interests, time available, etc. Ground arrangements (hotels etc.) can also be organized thru us according to the style that you are accustomed to. At the end of the planning a full and comprehensive presentation will be provided containing the prices of the guiding, the hotels, entrance fees and the extras. This way there will be no sudden surprises. A list of references is available on request. Help for special individuals can also be organized, for example – a baby-sitter or somebody to help push a wheelchair if needed.
Upon contacting us please try to give us as much information as possible regarding:
- Time of tour and dates if possible including flight data.
- Number of days in Israel.
- Number of guests and ages.
- Type and standard of accommodation desired.
- Areas of interests, and if it is important – religious orientation.
- If you have been in Israel before. If yes where and when?
- If any – physical disabilities.
- Special requests.
All tours are in our 4 to 10 seater luxury touring cars and vans.
All our minivans are air-conditioned and non-smoking.
- A truly luxurious traveling experience.
- Comfortably accommodating 3 tourists.
- For a unique off-road experience.
- Comfortably accommodating 4 passengers.
- Can accommodate up to 6 tourists.
- Enables exploring the lesser-known locations.
- Tour Israel with your extended family and friends.
- Enjoy the unforgettable fun of a shared experiences.
- Comfortably accommodating 6 passengers.
- Can accommodate up to 10 Tourists.
Bus, mini and midi bus tours are available too.
Tourists with LIMITED MOBILITY are most welcome.
My only limit is that the scooter or wheel-chair is fold-able and can fit into my minivan. There are at least 2 posts in my blog about touring with limited-mobility and a letter by a tourists in the fan-mail below.
Cruise Ship Recommendations
A Note From Joel Berman
This year, 2017, I will be on a Sabbatical (until April 2018). My long time friend and partner, Ido, will be running our business and doing most of the tours.
Ido and I served together in the Israeli Air Force quite a while ago and became good friend since then. Apart from being a nice guy Ido is also an excellent and very experienced tour-guide and knows his way around Israel even in the dark
I may be available here and there for a day or two and Ido will let you know if I am.
Enjoy your tour here.